Alumni Privileges at UA Libraries
Spring semester classes are now over, and exams have begun. For those of your preparing to end your time here at UAlbany, we want to remind you of the services offered by the University Libraries that remain available to you long after you’ve written your last paper and turned in your final projects. We encourage you to view our page with the complete description of Alumni Services, but here are some of the highlights:
- University Libraries offers borrowing privileges to those students who have received degrees from the University at Albany. Present a valid photo ID at the circulation desk (at any of the three libraries), and once your alumni status is confirmed, you will be able to check out up to 25 items for a 30 day loan period.
- We also encourage alumni to take advantage of the reference services offered by librarians – available in person or through our electronic Ask-A-Librarian services. Our librarians will gladly assist with any research question and will help you locate the information you need.
- The Interactive Media Center offers free technology instruction for students, staff and faculty which alumni may also attend.
- Alumni access to the Libraries’ online databases and indexes is limited to on-site use. However you might find our list of free databases helpful .
- You can also refer to this blog for the latest information on resources and services available.
So, even as your enter another stage of your life, remember that the University Libraries remain eager and willing to help you in your research and continuing education needs.
Blog post created by Michael Daly