« Social Work Licensure Information | Main | Social Welfare Research Seminar Summer Sessions »

Alumni Services at the Library

With graduation just around the corner you may have some questions about your library privileges after you get your diploma. This blog will tell you what you need to know!

Can I borrow books?
You are entitled to borrowing privileges at all three University at Albany Libraries. You must register in person at the circulation desk at any library and provide photo identification. It is encouraged that you visit during regular business hours. (8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Mon. - Fri.). You can borrow up to 25 items with a thirty day loan period. Materials can be renewed twice.

Can I use the databases?
You can register to use two databases at home (Academic Search and Business Source) and can visit the library to access any of the databases the University Libraries subscribe to on a public computer.

Can I use the wireless?
Wireless at the University Libraries can only be accessed by current students, faculty, and staff. Access to public computers is available with a guest log-in.

Can I get research assistance from a librarian?
Alumni are encouraged to use our Ask-A-Librarian email service or stop by the reference desk.

How can I stay current on the latest software programs and trends?
Sign up for a free technology class in our Interactive Media Center any time after graduation.

For more information please visit our alumni services page or stop by the reference desk. We wish you success in all of your future endeavors!

Blog post created by Kathryn Farrell