The University Libraries are pleased to announce that the Minerva catalog has been redesigned with a simpler interface. Some of the new features include:
* Browse Search and Keyword Search boxes have been collapsed into one search box.
* Frequently used Search Options "Full Catalog," "Journals," "Reserves," "Gov't. Docs," have been placed in handy tabs in the middle of the page.
* An additional tab "Journal Articles" directs users to the Database Finder and gives further instruction on locating periodical literature.
* An additional tab "Other Libraries" gives access to local and SUNY online catalogs.
* Search Options "Collection/Format" and "Library" have been collapsed into one box. (Users can still do a combination search on these two options in Advanced Search.
* Sample searches are provided for each search key.
The University Libraries will be upgrading its Integrated Library System this weekend (Aug. 10-12). The public catalog, Minerva, will be unavailable starting at 5 pm Friday, Aug.10 until sometime midday Saturday, Aug. 11 after which it will be available with limited functionality. Patrons will be able to search the catalog, but will not be able to renew materials, place holds or recalls, or change personal information. Additionally, the "Find It" feature in the OPAC and selected databases will not be available. Patrons should expect error messages if they use it.
The upgrade is planned to be completed by late Sunday evening, at which time a new version of the Minerva catalog will become functional.
During the upgrade process circulation functions (check-out, return, etc.) will be done manually. Patrons will still be able to access e-journals via the Database Finder.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and ask that you plan your work accordingly.
Welcome to new and returning students! More information...