Intersession Energy Savings Initiative
Library Hours of Operation
The University Library (west end of the Podium) hours of operation will be as follows:Â December 22 â€“ January 2, Monday â€“ Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm (closed on 12/25 and 1/1) January 5 â€“ January 16, Monday â€“ Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm, Fridays 8:00am to 5:00pm. Closed Saturdays and Sundays.
The Dewey & Science Library will be closed from December 20 through January 4.
For additional information on the hours of operation for the Intersession period please consult the University Libraries web page http://library.albany.edu/
While the Science & Dewey libraries will be closed to the public, arrangements have been made to retrieve materials from these facilities upon request. For additional information on retrieval options, please call 442-3569 or check at http://liblogs.albany.edu/deweyblog/2008/12/ua_delivery_during_phase_i_of.html
There will be no interruption to electronic article delivery services ( ILL and UA Delivery) during the period. However, due to seasonal shutdowns in many research libraries, Interlibrary Loan article turnaround time may in some cases be slower than normal.
University Library Alternate Work Environment: Intersession Energy Savings Initiative
University employees coming to the University Library to do their work during the Phase I Limited Operations Period should expect the following conditions:
- A warm space and standard office environment lighting
- Use the Group Study space on the first floor north side of the building where there are tables and chairs in an open setting with windows. The Library will not provide private office space, supplies, or access to staff areas.
- The Computer User Room LI-137A, providing 46 computer work stations, will be available for University employees to use for their work. Please do not bring food or beverages into this room.Â The phone (2-3543) in this room is programmed for on-campus calls but can also be used for outside & long distance calls as long as a PAC number is used. To access off campus: dial 9, then number, and then enter your PAC code.Â Please do NOT to forward your office phones to the Computer User Room phone.Â Printing will be available at no charge for University personnel conducting business in this location.
- Private phone calls: A phone in the Customized Search Service office (2-3575) will be available to make private local & long distance business calls using a PAC number.Â The key to the Customized Search Service is kept at the Circulation Desk and will be lent to university employees.
- Personal Belongings: while working in public areas do not leave valuables unattended due to the risk of theft.
- Lunch Location: University personnel can use the basement level Staff Lounge, LI-B005, to eat lunch.Â The lounge has a microwave, vending machines, and casual seating.
- Please keep in mind the University Library is open for business and have an obligation to provide the appropriate environment for students and researchers.
Any questions or concerns about these arrangements can be addressed by Peter Recore-Migirditch, Business & Facilities Manager, 442-3563, firstname.lastname@example.org