UNIVERSITY LIBRARY ALTERNATE WORK ENVIRONMENT INTERSESSION ENERGY SAVINGS INITIATIVE 2012/13
Library Hours of Operation
The University Library (west end of the Podium) hours of operation will be as follows:Â
December 21st through January 20th Monday - Friday, from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, closed Saturdays, Sundays and Monday January 21st and opened 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on Tuesday January 22nd.Â Note the building will also be closed on 12/25/12 and 1/1/13.
During the Limited Operations Period the Dewey & Science Library will be closed to the public 12/22/12 - 1/1/13. The Science Library will be open Wednesday January 2nd through January 20thÂ Â Monday - Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, closed Saturdays, Sundays and Monday January 21st and opened 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on Tuesday January 22nd. Â
The Dewey Library will be open Wednesday January 2nd through January 20th Monday - Friday, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, closed Saturdays, Sundays and Monday January 21st and opened 8:30 am to 6:00 pm on Tuesday January 22nd.Â
For additional information on the hours of operation for the Intersession period please consult the University Libraries web page http://library.albany.edu/about/hours
University Library Alternate Work Environment: Intersession Energy Savings Initiative
University employees coming to the University Library to do their work during the Limited Operations Period 12/21/12 - 1/1/13 should expect the following conditions:
- Normal level heat at 68 degrees and standard office environment lighting
- Use of the Group Study space on the first floor north side of the building where there are tables and chairs in an open setting with windows. The Library will not provide private office space, supplies, or access to staff areas.
- Please also note that calls cannot be forwarded to the University Library. Please be sure to make other arrangements to address personal or business related calls.Â Should employees need to print; offices can purchase a Library Department Card by contacting Library Accounting (442-3572) ahead of time and use the UniPrint service.
- Wireless access in certain spaces to connect to the Internet via your own wireless cards or laptops with integrated wireless.
- Personal Belongings: while working in public areas do not leave valuables unattended due to the risk of theft.
- Lunch Location: University personnel can use the basement level Staff Lounge, LI-B005, to eat lunch.Â The lounge has a microwave, vending machines, and casual seating.
- Please keep in mind the University Library is open for business and have an obligation to provide the appropriate environment for students and researchers.
- Any questions or concerns about these arrangements can be addressed by Peter Recore-Migirditch, Assistant Director for Finance & Administration, 442-3563, firstname.lastname@example.org