American Health: Demographics and Spending of Health Care Consumers
Did you know?
- In 2003, there were 117,693 abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) procedures performed in the U.S.
- More than 44,000,000 people in the U.S. provide care (without pay) to someone aged 18 or older.
- 62% of adults have used alternative medicine, and 45% of adults have used prayer as an alternative therpy.
- In the year 2000, there were about 1,313,000 induced abortions in the U.S.
- 58% of Americans support the right to die; this is up from 38% in 1977.
If you are interested in statistics like these or other health care data, you may want to consult a new reference book, American Health: Demographics and Spending of Health Care Consumers. It is available in the Science Library reference section, call number: RA 445 A442 2005.